I’ve got some things I want to do before I start with my next game and they’re all about improving the site. The last week or so has been extremely productive with me throwing out a lot of wasted code, speeding up the site and adding/removing features and I want to continue with that and get the things done now when I’m in the flow.
You can find the whole source for the site, excluding a few security related files ofc, on github where I’ve also uploaded a small to-do list and some ideas I might want to implement.
Here’s a small summary of the stuff:
- Allow editing all the information pages without doing it through phpmyadmin, merge it together with the post editing.
- Change the layout of adding comments and it’s preview, try unhide it.
- Fix the layout of search and possibly tweak the inner workings
- Revamp archive page, maybe use it as a sitemap?
- Add read next/previous posts on post and older/newer posts?
- Make comment editing work, for guests too.
- Statistics!! I have third party statistics but I want stats for the most active commenter and other stuff.
- A greater 404 page
- Refactor, remove garbage code and refactor some more.
I’m itching a little bit about a new game, but first thing’s first.