Like the last two years I’m summarizing the year. At the end of the year like this it always feel like I didn’t accomplish much, but after the yearly summary it always feels better.
2012 Geek Achievements
- Designed a processor which fulfills the Core Wars 88 standard. Includes a redcode assembler.
- Went through pintos in school and learned a lot about operating systems.
- Began a new website.
- Wrote some Ruby in conjunction with Jekyll.
- Learned some Rust and wrote a small irc bot with it.
- Took an advanced mathematics course in Linear Algebra, it was fun!
- I was a mathematics mentor to the first years in Discrete Math.
- Won the “best CV” award from Ericsson during Linkdagarna.
Here’s the CV (in Swedish) and here’s the latex file which produced it.
- Got top 3 in IMPA, I did participate three turns out of five.
- Participated in prog-SM and won a t-shirt! (Or three…)
- Solved a lot of problems on UVa.
- Migrated all my private projects from github to bitbucket.
- Wrote a lot of C.
- Wrote some C++.
- Wrote some Perl.
- Made a robot.
- Read one programming book - The C Programming Language.
2012 Non-Geek Achievements
- Me and Veronica had a good year.
- Achieved 5-kup in Taekwon-do.
- Read 20 books.
- Read a lot of manga. Battle Royale was the highlight of the year I think.
- Read some manwha. Possibly better than manga??
- Tower of God (my favourite manga/manwha atm)
- The Breaker New Waves
- Discovered Power Grid, a German Style Boardgame.
- Did not write enough code.
- Did not participate in Ludum Dare.
- Did not write a new game.
- I have a mechanic course behind me…
Plans for 2013
- Take care of Veronica.
- Complete a hardware project
- Try out some yoga.
- Learn about compilers.
- Take some fun courses.
- Achieve kup 3 in Taekwon-do.
- Develop this site a bit.
- Bigger and better blog posts.
- Work hard(er?) in school.
- Code more.
- Read more books.
- Fix the Failures of 2012.