While tampering with Hakyll and running
site preview I stumbled upon this error message:
site: addWatch: resource exhausted (No space left on device)
At first I tried to clear
/tmp but, so clearly the device did have some space left. After a bit of googling I found a solution which managed to solve my problem.
# for foo in /proc/*/fd/*; do readlink -f $foo; done | grep inotify | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr 2 /proc/12871/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/673/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/601/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/587/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/27695/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/176/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12879/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12840/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12806/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12772/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12771/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12770/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12769/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12768/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12767/fd/anon_inode:inotify 1 /proc/12754/fd/anon_inode:inotify
One can examine the pid
ps ax ps ax | grep 12871 ...
And in the end I found out that spotify was the culprit. I killed the spotify processes with a simple
kill 12871 and the problem had gone away. One can check if spotify is running with
ps ax | grep spotify.