A new year and a lingering feeling of not having done enough during the year. A fast review of the year usually makes me feel better.
2018 non-geek achievements
Was on parental leave for about 7 months.
It was great although I’ve been crawling up the walls a little the last month.
Moved to a small village or society far from Linköping. But kept the job.
Wrote 5 blog posts.
2018 geek achievements
Read through the book Practical Typography and restyled this site to try and internalize the concepts.
Read a lot of manga and light novels.
I’ve tried to keep lists of what I read and watch but I just can’t do it consistently so I’ve stopped trying.
- I didn’t write much at all during the year.
- No time for hobby projects.
- Read very little.
Plans for 2019
- Gonna start working remote full time, with occasional travel.
- Make an effort to write more. Both shorter posts and longer articles.
- Spend time on side projects and improving skills.
- Try to get consistent grappling training. It’s a small hurdle there’s no submission wrestling or BJJ here.