Today is a big milestone for me, as this marks a big milestone in the biggest personal project I’ve undertaken.
My book ‘Why Cryptocurrencies?’ is released in print today! It’s my attempt to explain what cryptocurrencies are and what problems they solve, in a simple and approachable manner.
I’ve been working on the book in the open on GitHub and the first recorded commit is from Dec 19, 2018, with a chapter outline. 1237 commits later, and a bunch of work outside that, and the book is now Done™. (Only a year after my blog post saying it was done…)
I need to check the formating for the eBook, so it looks ok on as many platforms as possible. And then work on my self-hosted payment processor, which I’ll use to sell the eBook on my site for crypto. (I’ll be sure to make it available on various eBook platforms too.)
I’m planning to write a couple of blog posts detailing how I made the book and some lessons or tips I have for aspiring writers:
- How I made an online book with Lisp.
- How I worked with a designer to create the cover.
- How I did the interior layout for my self-published book. (planned)
- Converting my online book to epub. (planned)
- Writing lessons learned after writing a book. (planned)
- I self-published a book—was it worth it? (planned)
After that, I can finally archive the book project as done.