I saw a post on briancarper where he reviews the past year and it sounds like a great idea actually.
2010 Geek Achievements
- Wrote a few games earlier this year;
- Updated this site a bit.
- Switched to Slackware which I like a ton better than Ubuntu.
- Learned a lot more linux. Thanks Slackware.
- Learned a lot more git.
- Learned a lot more vim.
- Tried out and configured uzbl which I still use.
- Learned a bit of Haskell.
- Tried out Perl a bit.
- Learned a lot more Lisp.
- Switched to zsh. It’s fine after a bit of config
- Rebuilt a custom Kernel a few times, some failures but learned a lot. And got starcraft 2 to work!
- Read a lot. This years high were One Piece and Jeffery Deaver. Real World Haskell scores the highest Geek score.
2010 Non-Geek Achievements
- Moved to Linköping with my girlfriend Veronica and I didn’t just survive but I also liked it!
- Enrolled in a Linköpings University in Computer Science. We’ll see if it’ll get geeky later, atm it’s a breeze but we have a ton of seemingly fun courses to go.
- Took a massage course.
- Learned how to cook more than one dish.
- Did the dishes, expertly maneuvered our vacuum cleaner and did the laundry. More than once!
- Started Taekwondo and after a few months of hard work I even got a yellow stripe for my white belt!
- Didn’t produce enough games.
- Didn’t write enough code.
- Got worse in my stumach towards the end of the year. Too stressed and not enough regular meals I guess.
- Didn’t blog enough. Sorry :(
Plans for 2011
- Get good results in school.
- Make more games.
- Code more!
- Blog more!
- Learn more Haskell (again). This time continue with the small irc bot I’m writing.
- Learn a few more languages and expand my knowledge. Maybe some low level stuff with C or assembly? Or some more higher level?
- Get a better sense of algorithms.
- Try to be a bit more social
- Get a new belt in Taekwondo.
- Be a bit more disciplined with training, coding and school.
- Loosen up a bit more so the stumach won’t mess anymore.
- Last but not least, keep Veronica happy and help around at home.
I thought I didn’t do anything this year I guess it’s been a productive year anyway. But in 2011 I think I’ll do a lot more still.